September 14th, 2014 11:38 PM
She's standing with our kids,
helping them get the books they need.
Help us celebrate Imagination Library Week!
September 15 through 19, 2014, is Imagination Library week, when we celebrate Dolly Parton's Imagination Library and all it has done for our communities over the past 10 years.
Here in Hamilton and Marion Counties in Tennessee, and Catoosa, Dade and Walker Counties in Geogia, more than 18,000 children have received a free book at home every month from the Imagination Library. Free books in the home help children become lifelong readers, and lifelong readers become successful students.
Help us celebrate Imagination Library's and the Governor's Books from Birth Foundation's 10th anniversary by helping more people learn about this great program and by spreading the news to friends and families through social media.
It's easy to enter - just guess where Dolly is located in the picture posted on United Way of Greater Chattanooga's Facebook Page, Monday through Friday, Sept. 15 through 19. Like the picture and post your guess in the comments.
If you guess correctly, you will be entered into drawings for daily prizes and a grand prize - a $500 gift certificate from Barnes and Noble. Winners will be announced each morning on Facebook and on Sunny 92.3 FM.
The contest is sponsored by Barnes & Noble and Walgreens Pharmacies.
Where's Dolly? Contest Rules
September 14th, 2014 11:31 PM
Official Facebook Fan Page Sweepstakes
NOTE: "This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to United Way of Greater Chattanooga and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for administering and communicating with you about United Way of Greater Chattanooga and the “Where’s Dolly” promotion you are participating in."
1. ELIGIBILITY: “Where’s Dolly” Facebook Fan Page Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia over the age of 18 with access to the Internet at all times during the Sweepstakes and subsequent prize-award period unless otherwise specified by United Way of Greater Chattanooga. All employees of United Way of Greater Chattanooga, (“Sponsor”), all persons and organizations which may be affiliated with photo locations, all associated agencies and each of their sales representatives, distributors, or agents (all of the foregoing, together with Sponsor, collectively referred to as “Sweepstakes Entities”), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether related or not), are ineligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes entry period begins at September 15, 2014, 12:01 a.m. and ends at Sept. 19, 2014, 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (the "Sweepstakes Period"). Daily and Grand Prize Winners will be selected from entries properly submitted and timely received during the Sweepstakes Period.
3. SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: During the Sweepstakes Period, you may submit daily entries on the United Way of Greater Chattanooga Facebook page by liking the featured Dolly photo of the day and correctly guessing where Dolly is in the featured photo on Facebook. More than one correct entry goes into a drawing for the daily prize winner. At the end of the prize period, all correct entries during the week are entered into a grand prize drawing. However, for daily and grand prize drawings, entries will be limited to One (1) Online Entry per person, per email address, and per household during the Sweepstakes Period via Online or Hardcopy Entry, regardless of whether a person has more than one address or more than one person uses the same address.
4. PUBLICITY: As a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, except where prohibited by law, each entrant and each winner by accepting a prize grants to Sponsor and its affiliates, legal representatives, assigns and licensees, all right, title and interest in to publicize, broadcast, display and/or otherwise use the Sweepstakes entrant’s name, city, state, and biographical material (collectively, “Licensed Rights”) in any media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional review, compensation, permission or approval of the winner. Where necessary, the Daily and Grand Prize winners will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability and Publicity Release within twenty four (48) hours of attempted notification or the winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner selected. Daily and Grand Prize winners must be available for promotional display and presentation between Sept. 22, 2014, 10 a.m. to Sept. 24, 2014, 5 p.m. or will forfeit prize to next winning entrant.
5. SELECTION OF SWEEPSTAKES WINNERS/ODDS: The potential Prize winners will be selected by correct answers to the daily question. Or, If multiple correct answeres, then in a random drawing to be held after midnight (Eastern Standard Time) each day. Winners will be selected from entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The potential winners will be notified via Facebook, Twitter or email to the email address submitted with the potential winner’s entry within twelve (12) hours after the drawing. The drawing will be conducted by Sponsor, the judge of the Sweepstakes, whose decisions on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award the applicable prize to an alternate winner selected at random. Any return of prize notification or prize email as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of any prize and an alternate winner may, at Sponsor's discretion, be randomly selected.
Daily prizes consist of a variable combination including at least one or two, but not all, of the following: t-shirts, CDs, gift certificates, tickets, etc. Daily Prize winners will be notified between midnight and 9 a.m. the following day
The Grand Prize consists of a $500 Barnes & Noble gift certificate, which cannot be redeemed for cash at any time. The Grand Prize winner will be notified between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. on September 22, 2014 and prize can be picked up after Sept. 23, 2014, 9 a.m.
All prizes will be delivered to the winning entrant’s address by mail if the winner lives outside Hamilton County and cannot pick up the prize or at the sole option and discretion of the contest sponsor to a recipient designated by the contest winner. Prizes are not transferable and are not redeemable for cash. All taxes and other charges are responsibility of the winner. No substitutions allowed. All expenses not specifically mentioned herein are not included as part of any Prize package, and are solely the winner’s responsibility.
7. ALTERNATIVE MEANS OF ENTRY: You may also enter the Sweepstakes by mailing a standard-size postcard with your name and email address to: “Where’s Dolly?” Facebook Sweepstakes, United Way of Greater Chattanooga, 630 Market Street, Chattanooga, TN 37402 USA. Postcard entries must be postmarked by Wednesday, September 17, 2014 and arrive at united Way's offices by 5 p.m. on Friday, September 19, 2014 to be included within the random drawing, and no more than one postcard/email address may be submitted during the Sweepstakes Period. You may also fill out an entry form online athttp://uwchatt.org/www/docs/1317.3892/where--s-dolly-contest-promotion-page.html.
8. GENERAL RULES: By entering or participating in the Sweepstakes, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sweepstakes Sponsor and its Entities are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information or technical failures of any kind, (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; or (3) any other computer, network, technical, human or other error, problem or malfunction that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, or the selection or notification of winners. Further, if, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for reasons outside the control of the Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes (or portion thereof), Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes (or portion thereof). Sponsor also reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify the Entry of any individual found to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or any website operated by the Sweepstakes Entities; (b) using any robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods, which will void all such entries; (c) violating these Official Rules or the terms of service, conditions of use, and/or general rules of any Sponsor property or service; or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for claims, injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the awarding, delivery, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of the prize; participation in this Sweepstakes or in any activity or travel related thereto or from any interaction with, or downloading of, computer Sweepstakes information.
9. PARTICIPANT OBLIGATIONS: By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to release and hold United Way of Greater Chattanooga and affiliates harmless from and against any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, actions and liabilities of any kind in connection with the Sweepstakes or receipt or redemption of the prize. The winner assumes all liability for any injury, death, or damage caused, or allegedly caused, by participating in the Sweepstakes or use or redemption of the prize.
11. SPONSOR: United Way of Greater Chattanooga
Books from Birth 10 Years Old!
September 9th, 2014 8:53 AM
The Governor’s Books from Birth Foundation (GBBF) launched its“Books from Birth 10th Anniversary Tour” on August 26 in Johnson County with plans to conclude its month long tour at the Tennessee State Capitol in Nashville on September 30. During the month of September, the GBBF will visit over 50 counties across the state in a forty-five foot decorated touring coach for the purposes of raising awareness, enrolling children in TN's Imagination Library, and thanking donors and volunteers in celebration of 10 years and over 20 million books delivered.